COVID-19 | Global Response and Support
As the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak evolves the rules on international travel are in a constant state of flux. Organisations have been responding to the outbreak in several ways, limiting travel, cancelling trips and postponing events which are resulting in significant disruption. As the impact of the COVID-19 continues to grow, companies are finding themselves at various stages of preparedness. A healthy and accessible workforce is an organisation’s most valuable asset. A worldwide pandemic will incapacitate some employees and may result in others being quarantined or stranded. Additionally, large numbers of employees are starting to work from home or remote locations, which could further disrupt operational capability.
We are advising companies that have not felt the brunt of the crisis just yet to use this opportunity to develop preparations and understand the impact going forward. Our advice would be to:
- Establish a monitoring capability internally and externally
- Start planning what’s best for your workforce and critical for your business
- Consider realistic and varied scenarios and define triggers and escalation points
- Approach decision making against genuine business impacts and not fear
We are supporting our clients to ensure they have a flexible and robust response during the ongoing global outbreak, reviewing and updating business continuity plans where relevant. Importantly we can support your ability to continue to do business and return to normal operations as quickly as possible. Specialist services designed to support companies, your people, and critical assets include:
- Deploying protection teams to safeguard critical assets, supply chains or people due to reduced operations or instability.
- Enhanced monitoring service that is tailored to our clients and areas of operations, providing updates on developments and utilising a global network of resources and experts.
- Assisting with quick response evacuations, alternative plans, and private sanitised travel through our ground transportation network and air charter partner.
- Scenario planning and strategy development, helping management teams to project how specific scenarios will impact their people and company going forward.